Believe, Achieve, Succeed
Headteacher Sara Davies
St Bartholomew’s C.E. Primary School
The Peak, Sydenham, London. SE 26 4LJ
020 8699 8537 firstname.lastname@example.org
All public bodies, including maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010. At St Bartholomew’s we do not discriminate against anyone, be they staff or pupil or parent, on the grounds of race, religion or belief, attainment, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or background, pregnancy or maternity, marriage or civil partnership.
St Bartholomew’s equality objectives:
- To promote the principle of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide in our school. We recognise that doing this may entail treating some pupils differently.
- To seek to ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities provided by the school.
- To constantly strive to remove any forms of direct or indirect discrimination that may form barriers to learning for some groups.
- To ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone.
- To challenge personal prejudice and stereotypical views whenever they occur.
- To value each pupil’s worth; celebrate the individuality and cultural diversity of the community centred on our school and to show respect for all minority groups.
- To be aware that prejudice and stereotyping are caused by poor self-image and by ignorance. Through positive educational experiences, and support for each individual’s legitimate point of view, we aim to promote positive social attitudes, and respect for all.
To find out how St Bartholomew’s is complying with the equality duty, please see our Equalities Policy